When I tell people that I am a mom coach, I often get a response with a vague “oh awesome” or a smile and nod. It’s always obvious which people have no freaking idea what I’m talking about. I’m still surprised that so many people don’t know what coaching is. Usually, first thoughts are that coaches give life advice- likely because
that is how it is often portrayed on television. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Coaches are trained to NOT give advice but to ask questions so that you can make powerful decisions on your own.
Many people think coaches are like mini-therapists. Being both a psychotherapist AND a coach, I can tell you they are very different. The shortest way to explain the difference is to say that therapy is designed to move a person from dysfunctional to functional. Coaching is designed to move a person from functional to optimal.
I work with my Moms using a specific process.
Rad Mom Coach Five-Step Coaching Process
REDISCOVER who you are as an individual and get very clear on what your vision of a joyful life would look like.
UNCOVER AND REMOVE the barriers that are getting in your way to living this fulfilling, balanced, and well,… rad life!
CREATE a game plan with your coach.
MAKE YOUR PLAN A REALITY by setting clear, attainable goals and by receiving support to help hold you accountable.
Live it. Walk the talk and bask in your joy.
This process works from the inside-out.
In the first two steps of this process of coaching (and in more depth as we proceed), we focus on the “inner work” where we rediscover:
- Who you are as an individual, especially now that you are a mother.
- What you are passionate about (even if you don’t thing you have passions… you do and we’ll find them!).
- What YOU WANT your life to look like.
- What a healthy balance is for you and your family.
- What has been getting in your way and how to eliminate these blocks.
- That you aren’t really stuck. Positive change really is possible if you open up, move forward and take control of your own life.
The last three steps are what we call “outer work”. Now that we are clear on exactly what it is that you want, we can start making profound life changes. In this “outer” process, we:
- Create a mapped-out plan on how to make your dreams a reality. Yes, it’s possible, mama.
- Set realistic and specific weekly goals to move you closer to this dream. Your coach will help you set these goals and will help keep you motivated and accountable to doing what you set out to do.
- Realize how joyful your life can actually be and reclaim your fire for life!
Moms can enter this process at any step depending on her individual needs. Many moms have no idea where to begin on becoming more fulfilled in her motherhood role. Others know what they want, but don’t know how to get there.
We work together in narrowing the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
If you would like to schedule a complimentary coaching session to see if coaching is right for you, contact Kacey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-996-6079.
For information on coaching packages, click here.